The Evidence Technician Unit responds to a full range of crimes where special knowledge and experience in locating and preserving important evidence is required. The Deputies assigned to this unit are highly-trained and have attended advanced training courses in which they review the most current scientific and practical crime scene applications of evidence collection and crime scene techniques. The mission of this unit is to process crime scenes in an attempt to identify, document, and secure physical evidence.
The members duties include:
- Documenting a crime scene using photo and video depiction
- Collecting evidence to include fingerprints and footprint development
- Properly collecting and recording physical evidence at a crime scene
- Preparing a well-organized set of field notes in preparation of a written report
- Submitting physical evidence for further forensic analysis
- Assisting Village and Town Police Departments regarding crime scene processing