All visitors must register at least 1 hour before arriving at the Justice Center for a visit. You can begin registration 4 hours prior to the visitation round’s scheduled start time. For example, if you’re signing up for the 11:00AM time slot, you can begin signing up at 7:00AM (4 hours before) and must have completed signing up before 10:00AM (1 hour before).
Registration can be made either through the website www.ICSolutions.com or at the front desk of the Justice Center. Incarcerated individuals are allowed only 1 visit per day, and at most 2 per week. Visitors will be scheduled for their time-slots on a first come, first served basis. Visitors are also only allowed 1 visit per day.
As New York State continues to ease the restrictions implemented as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office has responded accordingly and restarted contact visitation at the Justice Center. With that being said, the global COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose a serious threat to public health and the citizens of Onondaga County. As such, contact visitation has been restarted in phases with a modified schedule. The following schedule and rules are:
- Visitation will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with 5 rounds per day from 1100 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- Each housing will be designated with specific days and times for visitation (schedule posted below).
- Visitors will be able to begin signing up for visits at 0900 hours in the Justice Center Lobby on the respective visitation days.
- Visitors mush show up at least a half hour prior to their scheduled visitation time
- A brief hug and kiss will be allowed during this phase.
- The schedule will be as follows:
|1||11:00A – 12:00P||4A||2A/3B||4C|
|2||1215P – 1:15P||3C||4B||2A/3B|
|3||1:30P – 2:30P||4B||2C||5A/5C|
|5||5:30P – 6:30P||4C||3A||3C|
General Visitation Rules:
- Only 2 persons are allowed to visit at one time (this includes children).
- If you are bringing a child and you are not the legal guardian or parent, be sure you have a notarized statement from the child’s parent or legal guardian. All child visitors (anyone aged 17 and under) need a birth certificate. The birth certificate has to be the original, it cannot be a copy.
- NO split visits.
- All personal property will be stored in the locker provided.
- Persons suspected to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs will NOT be allowed to visit.
- NO candy, food, or gum allowed.
- Religious articles such as kufis, yamakas and hijabs are subject to search upon entry into the facility.
- If a visitor’s clothing is deemed inappropriate, they may be turned away. If in doubt, you should not wear questionable items of clothing.
- Passes MUST be worn by visitors at all times.
- You MUST remain seated.
- You MUST speak quietly. NO obscene language allowed.
- NO cross-visiting (talking with an incarcerated individual other than the one you are visiting).
- Your visit may be ended at any time for unacceptable behavior.
- Passing of any contraband (any unauthorized item) is a violation of the New York State Penal Law 205.20, you may be arrested and banned from the facility.
- If you have made special arrangements with the facility, call before leaving to ensure that plans for your visit have been made and are in place.
- NO hooded sweatshirts.
- NO see-through/sheer clothing, bare midriffs, or backs.
- NO plunging necklines or low tops.
- NO sleeveless tops.
- NO ripped/torn pants or shorts.
- NO shorts or skirts shorter than mid-thigh.
- NO attire displaying obscene/offensive, derogatory language or drawings, or promoting illegal activity.
- NO jewelry (other than a wedding ring or engagement ring).
- NO body piercings.
- NO bobby pins, hairpins, or other item affixed to your hair will be allowed.
- NO items that show a gang affiliation.
Additional Contact Visit Rules:
- You may have a short kiss and embrace only at the beginning and end of a visit. NO kissing or embracing during the visit itself.
- Incarcerated individuals may NOT hold children at any time during a visit.
- Children MUST remain seated with the adult visitor (highchairs are available upon request).
- Your hands MUST remain in sight on the table.
- Locker keys are NOT to be placed on the table.
- NOTHING may be given to an inmate without the permission of a deputy.
Visit www.ICSolutions.com to read more or register.
To Obtain a Phone Account:
Contact ICS (ICSolutions) at (888) 506-8407 or www.ICSolutions.com to establish a prepaid account.