Drop-Off Locations & Times:
Bail Cashier Window
- Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm & 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 10:00 am – 11:00 am & 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Everyday 7:30am – 10:30pm
- Need inmate’s full name and date of birth to deposit money
- The kiosk only accepts cash deposits in exact amounts (no change)
- There is a $3.25 user fee for all deposits made through the kiosk
- Need inmate’s full name and ICN# (booking #)
- Facility Code (SYR)
Items Allowed for Drop-Off:
Please note the following:
- Any exact amount of cash can be dropped off for an inmate.
- Books and magazines will no longer be accepted at the front desk.
All packages will be searched. Any item that is not listed on the property receipt is considered contraband. All violators will be prosecuted.
The following is a list of items that can be dropped off:
|Item & Description||Qty Allowed|
|Socks (white only)||4 pair|
|T-shirts (white only, no tanks)||4|
|Thermal underpants (white, beige or gray)||1|
|Thermal undershirts (white, beige or gray)||1|
|Underwear (white only)||1|
To Post Bail:
Acceptable forms of payment:
- Credit Card
Valid photo ID is required
Examples accepted: State Drivers’ License, DMV issued ID card, Sheriff’s Office ID card, Passport.
You will receive a receipt with information pertaining to inmate’s return court date, time, & court where case is being held.
When the bail is paid, the money is forwarded to the court handling the case.
Posting Bail Online:
Individuals detained at the Onondaga County Justice Center can be bailed using GovPayNet Remote Bail Services.
- Detainee’s Name
- DR number
- ICN #
- Court Name
- Name of Judge
Click on the appropriate Court to post bail.
To Retrieve Bail Money:
Bail money may be retrieved once the case has been completed, as follows:
- Syracuse City Court and all Town and Village Courts: the bail must be retrieved from the court itself.
- County Court and Family Court: the bail must be retrieved from the Justice Center*.
*Justice Center bail returns are processed from 11am to 3pm Monday through Friday only.
Bring the following items:
- Valid photo ID. (see examples above)
- Original Receipt. If you don’t have the receipt, a valid photo ID is required to obtain a copy of your receipt at the bail cashier’s window.
- Exoneration letter from the court.
To Send Inmates Mail:
You can send inmates mail by using the following address format:
Inmate Name, Inmate Control Number (ICN)
555 South State Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
Inmate Control Numbers (ICN) can be found on the Inmate Look Up Link.
Please note – Inmates needing postage stamps and envelopes can purchase them directly from the Justice Center Commissary.
DO NOT mail Postage Stamps and blank envelopes to inmates as they are NO LONGER accepted.